Career advice – Prepare your interview
Once you had submitted your job application, it is time to prepare yourself for possible interviews opportunities. Traditionally, interviews are mostly conducted in a physical environment which strongly emphasis on face-to-face interaction. Yet, the virtual and online interviews that widely used nowadays, thanks to technology advancement. Importantly, all types of interviews considered to be formal even you are not physically meet at the same workplace.
- Research the company
- Review role details
- Outline interview scene
- Practise your responses
- Know your strengths and weakness
- The benefits that you can bring to the company
On the day
- Ensure you know the interview location
- Be punctual.
- Dress appropriately for the interview
- Maintain good eye contact and smile
- Prepare a list of questions to ask.
- Answer questions with more than just a “yes” or “no”
Common interview Questions
These questions are frequently asked at interviews:
Questions to ask the interviewer:
• Do not criticise your current or previous employer.
• Do not bring up the subject of salary; Let the interviewer do so or talk to the recruitment consultant if you have arranged the interview through an agency.